Method of Recruitment
For Subedar / Sub Inspector / Sub Inspector S.B / Radio / Finger Print / (Q.D.)
/ Photo and Platoon Commander
- Recruitment to the service after the commencement of these rules shall be made
by the following methods, namely:
- By direct recruitment by selection, through competitive examination.
- By promotion of such members of service, as are specified in column 2 of schedule
- By transfer of persons who hold in a substantive capacity such post in such service
as may be specified in this behalf.
- The number of persons recruited under clause (b) or clause (c) of sub-rule (I)
shall not, at any time exceed the percentage mentioned in schedule II of number
of posts specified in Schedule I.
- Subject to the provisions of these rules, the method or methods for the purpose
of filling any vacancy or vacancies in the service as may be required to be filled
during any particular period of recruitment and the number of persons to be recruitment
by each method, shall be determined on each occasion by the appointing authority.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1), if in the opinion of the Appointing
authority the exigency of the service so require, he may, with the prior concurrence
of the General Administration Department adopt such method of recruitment to the
service other than those specified in the said sub-rule as it may, by order issued
in these behalf prescribe.
- Candidate desiring for recruitment should apply by submitting an application in
the form prescribed by the government to the district superintendent of police concerned
for competitive examination to be admitted in the selection procedure.
- The candidate must specifically mention, in the application form for recruitment
the name of the post for which he desires. The name of only such candidates who
have specifically expressed their consent for recruitment to posts to the technical
Sub-Inspector (Radio)/(Finger Print)/(Questioned Documents) and who posses qualification
mentioned in schedule-III shall only be considered.
- Female candidates shall be eligible for recruitment only for the post of Lady
- Giving wrong information or hiding of any factual information in application form
by the applicant shall be deemed to be a disqualification. On such act the candidate
shall have no right of appointment or continue in service under the Government and
his service shall be terminated forthwith by the appointing authority without giving
- The procedure of selection by competitive examination under clause (a) of sub-rule
(1) shall be as follows:
- Measurement of physical standard: The physical test of the candidate shall be
conducted according to the minimum qualification as specified in sub-rule (2) of
- Note:- In case of any dispute with regard to physical measurement, the decision
of the Chief Medical Officer of the District shall be final.
- Written examination: The duration of written examination, will be two hours, and
to test the proficiency in Hindi and English shall be of hundred mark i.e. Hindi
70 marks, English 30 marks.
- General Knowledge examination shall be of 100 marks and the duration of which
will be 2 hours.
- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry examination shall be of 100 marks and the duration
of which will be 2 hours. This examination shall be compulsory only for such candidates
who have applied for recruitment for the post of Sub Inspector (Radio)/(Finger Print)/(QD)
as specified in Schedule-III.
- Note:- Written examination under sub clause (a) and (b) of clause (ii) is compulsory
for all candidates. By adding the marks obtained in the examination of the first
stage a separate merit list one for Subedar, Sub Inspector and Platoon Commander
and another for Sub Inspector (Technical) shall be prepared in which the candidates
numbering five times the number of vacant posts advertised shall be called for examination
of second stage. Last candidate, on whom five-times-number is completed and all
those candidates who obtained marks more than or equal to this candidate shall be
admitted to the second stage Method of recruitment irrespective of the number exceeding
the stipulated five times number.
- Physical Proficiency Test:- This test is compulsory for all candidates. This test
shall be of 100 marks and shall include following items: (a) Long Jump 20 Marks
(b) High Jump 20 Marks (c) Shot Put 20 Marks (d) 100 meter race 20 Marks (e) 1500
meter race 20 Marks Details of statement of marks to be awarded in each event are
specified in Schedule V
- Interview:- Personal Interview shall be of 50 marks