Appointment to the Service
For Subedar / Sub Inspector / Sub Inspector S.B / Radio / Finger Print / (Q.D.) / Photo and Platoon Commander
All appointments to the service after coming into force of these rules shall be made by the appointing authority and no such appointment shall be made except after selection by one of the methods of recruitment specified in rule 6.
Conditions of eligibility of candidates for direct recruitment:- In order to be eligible for competing in the examination a candidate shall have to satisfy the following conditions, namely:
- He must have attained the age as specified in column (4) of Schedule-III and not attained the age specified in column (5) of the said Schedule, on the first day of January next following the date of commencement of the examination.
- The upper age limit shall be relax able up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Class.
- The upper age limit will also be relax able in respect of candidates who are or have been employees of the Madhya Pradesh Government, to the extent and subject to the conditions specified below:-
- A candidate who is a permanent Government Servant should not be more than 36 years of age.
- A candidate holding a post temporarily and applying for another post should not be more than 36 years of age. This concession shall also be admissible to the contingency paid employees, work-charged employees and employees working in the Project Implementation committee.
- A candidate, who is a retrenched government servant shall be allowed to deduct from his age the period of all temporary service previously rendered by him upto a maximum limit of 7 years even if it represents more than one spell provided that the resultant age does not exceed the upper age limit by more than three years.
- Explanation: The term "Retrenched Government Servant" denotes a person who was in temporary government service of this state or of any of the constituent units, for a continuous period of employees not more than three years prior to the date of his registration at the Employment exchange or of application made otherwise for employment in government service.
- A candidate who is an "Ex-serviceman" shall be allowed to deduct from his age the period of all defense service previously rendered by him provided that the resultant age does not exceed the upper age limit by more than three years.
- Explanation:The term "Ex-Serviceman" denotes a person who belongs to any of the following categories and who was employed under the government of India for a continuous period of not less than six months and who was retrenched or declared surplus as a result of the recommendation of the economy unit or due to normal reduction in the number of employees not more than three years before the date of his registration at any employment exchange or of application made otherwise for employment in Government Service
- Ex-serviceman released under mustering out concession.
- Ex-serviceman recruited for the second time and discharged on:Completion of short-term engagement and fulfilling the conditions of enrolment.
- Officers (Military and Civil) discharged on completion of their contract (including short service regular commissioned officers).
- Officers discharged after working for more than six months continuously against leave vacancies
- The general upper age limit shall be relax able up to 35 years in respect of widow, restitutes or divorced women candidates.
- The upper age limit shall also be relaxed upto two years in respect of green card holder candidates under the family welfare program.
- The General upper age limit shall be relaxed upto 5 years in respect of awarded superior caste partner of a couple under the inter caste marriage incentive program of the tribal, Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes Welfare Department
- The upper age limit shall also be relaxable upto 5 years in respect of "Vikram Award" holder candidates
- The upper age limit shall also be relax able upto a maximum 36 years of age in respect of candidate who are employees of Madhya Pradesh State Corporation/Board
- The upper age limit shall be relaxed in the case of voluntary Home Guards and non-commissioned Officers of Home Guards for the period of service rendered so by them subject to the limit of 8 years but in no case their age should exceed 36 years.
- Note (i):Candidates who are admitted to the selection under the age concessions mentioned in sub-clause and of clause above shall not be eligible for appointment if after submitting the application they resign from service either before or after the selection. They will however continue to be eligible if they are retrenched from the service or post after submitting the application.
- Note (ii): In no other case these age limits be relaxed. Departmental candidates must obtain previous permission of their appointing authority to appear for the selection.
Physical Qualification: Candidate must have the following physical qualifications:-
- Height 167.5 cms. or more 152.4 cms. or more (for woman Sub-Inspector only
- Chest 81 cms without expansion 86 cms. after expansion (Candidate should attain the difference of 5 cms, between unexpanded and expanded chest. There should be no relaxation on this subject.
- Candidate should not be physically handicapped.
- Candidate should not have "Knock-Knee", "Flat Foot" and educational qualification prescribed for the service as shown in the Schedule III provided that
Educational Qualification: A Candidate must possess the educational qualification prescribed for the service as shown in the Schedule III provided that
- In exceptional cases the Committee may on recommendation of the appointing authority treat as qualified any candidate who thought not possessing any qualifications prescribed in this clause, has passed examinations conducted by other institutions by such a standard which in the opinion of the committee justifies the consideration of the candidate as eligible for examination/selection.
- Candidate who are otherwise qualified but have taken degree from foreign universities, being universities not specifically recognized by government may also be considered for appearing in the examination/selection at the discretion of the committee.
Dis-qualification: Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his candidature by any means be held by the appointing authority to dis-qualify him for appearing in the examination/selection.
Decision of committee about eligibility of candidates shall be final: The decision of the committee regarding eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination/interview shall be final and no candidate to whom a certificate of admission has not been issued by the committee shall be admitted to the examination/interview.